Galway Lake

Galway Lake, owned by the Galway Lake Campers Association, is located west of the Village of Galway, NY. Galway Lake, formerly known as the Amsterdam Reservoir, was constructed in 1855, and in the next twenty years it was enlarged twice, to the present 580 acres. The Galway Lake Campers’ Association and its members enjoy relaxing on the water, boating, fishing and swimming through the payment of an annual water assessment fee to the Galway Lake Campers’ Association. Currently, only electric powered or sail boats are permitted on the lake.